Falling once doubles your chances for falling again. For older adults, patients recovering from a surgery or individuals diagnosed with a chronic disease, falling can be a serious risk to their health.
Keeping you safe at home.
Our fall prevention program was designed with the goal of keeping patients safe in their homes. Falling is often the byproduct of an underlying reason, and our fall prevention program will identify those reasons and offer guidance on how to avoid falls in the future.
Common reasons for falling include:
- Side effects from medications
- Home environment
- Diagnosis of a chronic illness
- Recovering from recent surgery
VNA Fall Prevention Program Benefits
Patients who have a scheduled surgery or coming out of the hospital, individuals with a neurological disorder like Parkinson’s disease or chronic illness and those with a history of falling can benefit from the VNA Fall Prevention Program.
The VNA Fall Prevention Program:
- Helps avoid rehospitalization
- Is covered by Medicare for those who qualify
- Promotes aging safely at home
- Identifies possible risk factors