After surgery, illness, or an injury, your doctor may order rehabilitation therapy to help you regain your mobility, motor skills, speech, or the ability to swallow. Our rehabilitative team includes physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech therapists. Each of these highly-trained, experienced therapists provides an essential component to you or your loved ones total rehabilitative care.
What Can Physical Therapy Do?
- Restore health
- Improve function
- Alleviate pain
VNA Physical Therapists accomplish these goals by working with patients in motor development, functional abilities, prevention of loss of movement, and by providing therapeutic exercise programs.
Benefits of Therapy at Home
- Patients heal more quickly because they’re in a familiar setting
- Therapists assess patient needs within his or her home and can evaluate their ability to function within the home environment
- Therapists can identify safety concerns or environmental hazards
- Family members and friends can play an active role in the patient’s therapy, assisting with exercises and providing ongoing encouragement
- Therapists can identify and recommend adaptive equipment that can help patients with their day-to-day living
- Therapists can make daily visits or visit as often as the doctor orders to meet the patient’s needs
Physical Therapy at the VNA
The VNA offers a wide range of rehabilitative services, including physical, occupational, and speech therapies to help patients recuperate from physical injuries, stroke, speech, language, or swallowing disorders. The VNA strives to provide patients with the highest level of functional independence.
Our home health physical therapists are experts in movement and are especially knowledgeable of movements needed to maximize a patient’s ability to be safe at home. Our home health occupational therapists are especially knowledgeable about movements needed to maximize activities of daily living. Our home health speech therapists are experts in evaluating and treating swallowing and communication disorders, as well as brain functions.