The VNA is revising the schedule for its “Health Care on Wheels” Mobile Unit effective Wednesday, February 8th. The Mobile Unit now will be stationed at the Vero Beach Sam’s Club parking lot (5565 20th Street) each Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. This new location will allow the Mobile Unit to assist even more residents of Indian River County with their healthcare needs.
The VNA Mobile Unit’s new schedule is as follows:
· Monday, 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Winn Dixie Shopping Plaza, 2950 9th St. SW, Vero Beach
· Tuesday, 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Riverview Park, U.S. Highway 1 and Harrison Street, Sebastian
· Wednesday, 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Sam’s Club Parking Lot, 5565 20th Street, Vero Beach
· Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Gifford Youth Activity Center, 4875 43rd Avenue, Vero Beach
· Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., VNA Parking Lot, 1110 35th Lane, Vero Beach
· Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Fellsmere Community Center, 56 North Broadway Street, Fellsmere
The Mobile Unit is closed for lunch from Noon – 1:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The VNA Mobile Unit is operated by the VNA through funds provided by the Indian River County Hospital District and offers same-day medical attention at convenient locations throughout Indian River County. The advance nurse practitioners on the Mobile Unit can examine patients, diagnose their illnesses, and prescribe medications for minor, non-urgent illnesses such as upper respiratory infections, sore throats, earaches, and minor cuts. Patients are seen on a first-come-first-served basis, and must arrive thirty minutes before closing time in order to be treated. Children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
For questions regarding the VNA Mobile Unit schedule or services, please visit www.vnatc.com or call 772.567.5551.