What can in-home telemonitoring be used for?
In-home telemonitoring is certainly changing the way the homecare industry operates. Not only does it increase the quality of home care, but it also reduces the costs involved with this vital service. In-Home telemonitoring also affords the patient the opportunity to heal at home, surrounded with his or her family, friends and personal and familiar surroundings.
· Patient info: Collects vital data of the patient and presents it to medical personnel on a daily basis, without the patient needing to go in for consultation.
· Immediate care: Doctors are able to act on the data immediately as the need for care occurs.
Other benefits include of these innovative devices include offering the patient the ability to recuperate at home so that family and friends do not have to make special arrangements to visit the patient in hospital or at the nursing home during scheduled hours. This all contributes to increasing and preserving the quality of life for patients and their family and friends.
Following is a list of other advantages in-home telemonitoring devices hold for patients:
· Self-management: Patients living with chronic illnesses experience improved self-management skills thanks to in-home telemonitoring devices.
· Quality of life: Improvement in quality of life due to reduced trips to and stays in hospital and nursing homes.
· Independence: Increased sense of independence and self-esteem due to the patient being able to take care of themselves.
How VNATC can help you
The Visiting Nurse Association of the Treasure Coast (VNATC) is committed to helping improve the health of their patients and ultimately be able to achieve greater independence. Their telehealth service gives patients and their loved ones a new solution to at-home care.
Contact us for In-home telemonitoring