Healthcare Advocate Program
We know how overwhelming it can be to navigate the healthcare world when you’re not an expert, and we are here to help.
VNA’s Healthcare Advocate program can help you understand, coordinate and manage the services you or a loved one might need to live safely at home. Our team is a group of trained and experienced nurse case managers who will coordinate medical care, assist with personal and household activities, escort you or your loved one to doctors’ appointments, administer medications or provide around-the-clock nursing care at home.
Customize your healthcare advocacy plan to fit your needs
Your dedicated Health Advocate can coordinate and oversee the team of home healthcare professionals who will provide care to you or your loved one. We will continue to evaluate the plan of care and will adapt it as needs change.
The Healthcare Advocate will:
- Help prevent the need for hospital visits
- Accompany the client to all primary physician appointments
- Monitor the client’s progress while in the hospital or other facility until discharged
- Ensure medication is taken properly
- Review and recommend safety issues in the home
- Monitor a client’s condition and plan of care, and adjust as needed
Caregiver benefits of using VNA’s Healthcare Advocate services
As a caregiver to an aging loved one, you want to ensure that you’re making the correct decisions on their behalf – especially if you live out of town. Utilizing our healthcare advocate services will offer you peace of mind for you and our loved one.
- Total supervision that many clients need in order to remain safely at home
- Safe, comfortable and preventative measures
- Our nurses, aides and companions are licensed and undergo background checks
- Nurse care managers oversee all aspects of you or your loved one’s care