Unfortunately, we are not out of the woods yet with the flu. Our area has seen an increase in seasonal flu activity, so if you haven’t had your flu vaccine, don’t wait any longer, get your flu vaccine now!
Influenza (flu) can cause mild to severe illness, and at times can lead to death. Flu is different from a cold. Flu usually comes on suddenly. People who have flu often feel some or all of these symptoms:
- fever* or feeling feverish/chills
- sore throat
- runny or stuffy nose
- muscle or body aches
- fatigue (tiredness)
- some people may have vomiting and diarrhea, though this is more common in children than adults.
*It’s important to note that not everyone with flu will have a fever.
Protect Yourself and Others
- Stay home if you are ill, especially with a fever 100.4 or above
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water
- Use hand sanitizer if soap and water not available
- Keep you hands away from your face
- Cough in the crook of your arm
- GET A FLU SHOT
Call Paula Thibideau, VNA Community Wellness Manager, at 772-978-5524 to schedule an appointment for your flu vaccine.