If you have been diagnosed with a brain disorder, spinal cord injury or disorder, or a nerve disorder, then you may have trouble moving, speaking, swallowing, breathing, or learning. You may also have problems with your memory, senses, or mood.
The VNA provides skilled nursing care by monitoring vital signs and changes in mental status; advising the importance of medication management; providing a medication box and oversight; teaching effective pain management; providing risk assessments in nutrition, skin breakdown, falls and environmental safety; and aiding in bowel and bladder management. We can also provide home health aides for assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, skin observation, and transferring.
VNA nurses help by supporting and educating you about Neurological disorders.
Skilled Nursing Visits
- Teach effective pain management using pharmacological and non-pharmacological methods
- Instruct disease specific management
- Provide risk assessments in nutrition, skin breakdown, and falls/environmental safety
- Home safety assessment and environmental adaptation
- Improve functional strength/mobility to regain independence
- Balance re-education/fall prevention program
- Improve motor coordination
- Teach proper body mechanics and pain relief methods
- Treatment for impaired speech intelligibility
Home Health Aide Visits
- Bathing, dressing, grooming, range of motion, skin observation, and assistance with transferring
- Community resource planning, financial assistance, transportation, increase support systems for patient and family
We can provide therapy services by ensuring you have the proper medical equipment and understand how to use it; improving strength and mobility to regain independence; utilizing balance education and our fall prevention program; and teaching proper body mechanics and pain relief methods.