Caregiver Support Groups
For community safety, all caregiver support groups are cancelled until April 15th. At that time we will evaluate the situation and keep you updated. Check back frequently for the status on our meetings and events.
Get the Support You Need
The VNA Caregiver Support Groups allow for you to come together with other individuals in the community who are experiencing the same challenges. At a support group meeting, you will have the opportunity to talk about your experiences, share tips and ideas and listen to others who understand the caregiving journey. The VNA Caregiver Support Groups are open to anyone in the public regardless of the diagnosis of their loved one.
Tips For Caregivers
- Be gentle with yourself.
- Remind yourself that you are a caregiver, not a magician.
- Find a solitary place to relax and relax there daily.
- In light of the pain you see, you are bound to feel helpless at times. Admit this without shame. Caring and being there are sometimes more important than doing anything.
- Change your routine often and your tasks when you can.
- Learn to recognize the difference between complaining that relieves and complaining that reinforces negative stress.
- Be a resource to yourself! Get creative, try new approaches.