Influenza, commonly known as “the flu,” is a serious, acute respiratory illness, caused by a virus, that can lead to pneumonia. Immunization helps strengthen your body’s natural immune response against the flu. The flu shot stimulates your immune system to build antibodies against the virus, making it stronger and ready to fight off the flu.
Shoo the Flu
Where to Get a Flu Shot from VNA
Due to COVID-19, VNA will be focusing offering public flu clinics at two main locations: VNA Hidden Treasures Vero Beach thrift store and VNA office parking lot. This year we will be offering drive thru clinics at the VNA office parking lot. For drive thru clinics, please wear a mask and remain in your car.Download Flu Clinic Schedule
VNA accepts the following insurances:
- Medicare Advantage/Replacement plans
- Health First private insurance
Please note that Health First is the only private insurance that VNA accepts. We do not accept any Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plans.
VNA offers three types of flu vaccinations:
- Preservative-free high-dose vaccine
- Preservative-free quadrivalent vaccine
- Regular quadrivalent vaccine
The high-dose vaccine contains four times the number of antigens and is only for those individuals who are 65 years or older. The quadrivalent vaccine is for individuals 10 years or older and offers broader coverage than the regular flu shot.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
We know that getting a flu shot is so important during this critical time. To ensure the safety of our patients and staff, we ask to you help us by following the necessary protocols:
- Social distancing will be enforced and adhered at any clinic
- Masks are worn at all times
- Temperature checks will be taken at each clinic
- Regular disinfecting procedures will occur
We appreciate everyone’s patience and support as we continue to administer flu shots in a safe and responsible manner.
Why get your flu shot from the VNA
Individuals who get their flu shot from one of the VNA’s Shoo the Flu clinics is supporting a local non-profit organization. Money raised from our flu shot program stays within our community and helps the VNA’s initiative of providing vital health and wellness services to all people in need regardless of their ability to pay. Each flu clinic is staffed by nurses who are available to answer questions about the flu vaccines.
It is important to take the time to get vaccinated:
- The CDC recommends a yearly flu vaccine as the first and most important step in protecting against flu viruses.
- Vaccination of high risk persons is especially important to decrease their risk of severe flu illness.
- People at high risk of serious flu complications include young children, pregnant women, people with chronic health conditions like asthma, diabetes or heart and lung disease, and people 65 years and older.
Want to Schedule a Private Flu Clinic?
Fill out the form below and a member of the flu team will be in touch!